Thursday, October 15, 2009

It begins...

So here begins my "blog", Rise of the Dough. I put blog in quotations because I don't really consider this a blog. I don't really expect anyone to read this, nor do I think it will be terribly interesting. Rather, I am writing this as a personal journal of sorts. A catalogue of things I make as I progress through my education and hone my skills in baking and pastry. Perhaps it will grow into a nice portfolio. Nonetheless, I want to remember everything I learn and do as I bake. Memories are fleeting and are quickly pushed aside by fresher memories. However, a photo and a little description can draw out even the deepest of memories from the recesses of your mind.

I had planned on making this journal for a while now. I originally intended to begin this when I entered culinary school, but I quickly found that I didn't particularly care for the stuff I made in skills. I love to cook for myself, at home. The professional setting... not so much. I'm proud of most of the dishes that I created in that class, but it wasn't my thing. Baking, however is my passion. I can't say why I love it so much, but I do and so I want to remember all of my work.

So if you find yourself reading this, hope it's at least a little interesting, but I can't make any promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment