Wednesday, November 18, 2009

11/18/09 - Equipped


I've wanted to get a stand mixer for quite a while now. After using them in class, it simply makes a world of difference compared to a hand mixer, or kneading bread by hand (I don't mind it but I'm sure I'd get better product from the machine). However, I couldn't reasonably justify a purchase of that magnitude with no income. I couldn't even afford groceries and I made no nonessential purchases. However, I promised myself that whenever I finally get a job, I will purchase one. I happily remedied that situation this week (more on that once I actually begin working) and so I went ahead and made the purchase. It is kinda tough putting a big piece of equipment in my already pathetically puny kitchen, but with some rearrangement I managed. It's really not as big or heavy as I thought, though I'm used to those hulking Hobart stand mixers at school. So it's found its nice little niche in the corner of my kitchen. I look forward to giving it a maiden run on some bread later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment