Wednesday, February 24, 2010

02/18-19/10 - Class - Wedding Cake and Decorations


This week we first finished our wedding cakes that we had sorta been working on for a few weeks of snow. On Thursday we finished them with various decorations including roses, rosettes, rosebuds, swag bordering and pearl bordering. I think mine turned out okay, but I can tell this really isn't my thing.


On Friday we began practice on some more decorations. We worked with modeling chocolate and marzipan. It was kinda interesting. Modeling chocolate is sorta difficult to work with because it is pretty hard and you need to finish your items without finger prints, any remaining sugar, etc. I found that I work pretty quickly but my quality isn't the best. We made roses and bows out of the modeling chocolate.

In addition we also worked with marzipan. That was a good deal easier to work with. It also benefits because you can color it so it can be really realistic. We made some marzipan fruits. I didn't have much time to work on it so I only got a few done but made apples, cherries, and strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment